Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
A visit to Bonorong offers a chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile; feed wallabies, visit the Tasmanian Devils or even have a Wombat Encounter! Proceeds fund their 24 hr Animal Hospital. Family passes start at $85.00
Bonorong is a Sanctuary for wildlife run by a passionate team of like-minded people. A social enterprise: a little business with a biiiig heart. The skills and funds generated through the Sanctuary allow the team to proactively address problems in our surrounding environment and communities.
A visit to Bonorong is a chance to come closer than ever to something wild and fragile. You’ll come face to face with animals that went extinct long ago in other parts of Australia — the same animals we’re working hard to protect now.
By walking through their old wooden gate you’ll become part of something special – everything they do, they do with your help. A special message from Bonorong: "from all of us here at Bonorong (four feet, two feet and no feet), we look forward to seeing you soon!"
The following experiences are available:
- General Entry. Entry fees directly fund the running of Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, as well as the operation of all of their conservation programs.
- Full public tours are included in your entry fee and take place every day at 11:30 am, 2:00 pm and 3.30pm and run for approximately 45 minutes. A 15-minute session focusing on the Tasmanian devils is repeated at 10 am every day (this session is included in the 45-minute tours).
- Short Animal Encounters. Spend an unforgettable 10 minutes up close with one of our friendly critters!
- 2.5 Hour Feeding Frenzy. It’s feeding time at the Sanctuary and your guide will help you to get up close to as many different animals as possible in two and a half hours! You will enter our animals’ world and experience hand-feeding weird and wonderful creatures like Eastern quolls, tawny frogmouths, sugar gliders... and of course, Tasmanian devils.
- 2.5 Hour Night Tour. The Bonorong Night Tour is a group feeding tour with a guide just for your group. Group sizes are kept small to ensure every participant has plenty of opportunities to interact with the critters.
- 3 Hour Private Premium Feeding Frenzy. The Bonorong Private, Premium Feeding Frenzy is an exclusive feeding tour; a private experience just for you and whoever you are with. One of our most experienced keepers will be your guide for the duration of this intimate, private tour.
- 3 Hour Private Premium Night Tour. The Bonorong Private, Premium Night Tour is an exclusive feeding tour; a private experience just for you and whoever you are with. A member of our management or one of our lead guides will be with you for the duration of this intimate, private tour.
Address: 593 Briggs Road, Brighton, TAS, 7030,
Phone: +61 3 6268 1184