The ultimate in Wilderness Experiences. Starting from $3040 for two adults and two children, explore the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, Cradle Mountain, Port Arthur. Cruse the Gordon River. Includes 9 -nights in self-contained, 2-room accommodation, National Parks Pass, Gordon River Cruise or West Coast Wilderness Railway, and wildlife encounters.
9 Day Western Wilderness Explorer
Where the Mountains meet the Sea....
This packaged includes a bit of everything. National Parks, wildlife, heritage, beaches, adventure and relaxation. 100% pre-planned by our local travel experts, you don't have to worry about a thing.
We'll start with a phone call to get to know you and your family, to make sure we book the right rooms, tours and that your family will have everything it needs to relax and enjoy where you are. We make all your bookings, including your parks pass, tours, accommodation and anything else you feel you need.
9 nights Accommodation + tours + car hire + parks pass + keepsake travel guide
Four share, Price includes 2 Adults + 2 Children.
Total cost variant to add-ons, higher level ticket purchases or extra nights.
- Hobart and Salamanca
- Port Arthur Historic Site, Tasman Peninsula and Tessellated Pavement
- Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area
- Cool Temperate Ancient Rainforests, home to Huon pine
- West Coast Wilderness Railway
- Gordon River Cruise
- Quad Bikes on Henty Dunes
- Macquarie Harbour and Hells Gate
- Sarah Island Convict Ruins
- Tarkine Wilderness and Pieman River
- Waterfalls - Nelson Falls, Horsetail Falls and Hogarth Falls.
- The Ship That Never Was
Click on the tours tab to find out whats included.
What's included in 9 Day Western Wilderness Package?
Your 9 Night Family Getaway Includes:
- 3 Nights in Hobart, staying in the CBD
- 4 Nights in Strahan, staying right on the beach
- 2 Nights at Cradle Mountain, staying in the heart of the National Park
- 9 days all-inclusive medium SUV automatic car hire with Thrifty Rentals
- National Parks Pass - allowing entry into Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair, Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park, and Tasman Peninsula National Park.
- Discovery sessions to get to know your family
- Digital Copy of Itinerary
- Ongoing consultation.
- 24/7 Phone Support. In the instance of an emergency we will come to you to support you where we can.
A professionally printed, custom-made travel guide book as a special keep sake, featuring:
- Your customised 9- Day Itinerary
- Regional information - History and Heritage, Flora and Geography of the area, general tips and tricks,
- Local attractions,
- Where to find Wildlife,
- Toilet, baby changing and fuel stops,
- Where to purchase groceries,
- What to put in your day packs,
- Space to add your own printed photographs and notes.
And just for the kids:
Two copies of the Tassie4Kids Road Trip Activity Book