Wander at your leisure within this unique alpine conservation sanctuary which breeds Tasmania's three unique and threatened carnivorous marsupials; the Tasmanian devil along with the Spotted-tail and Eastern quoll whilst learning about the conservation programs for these species.
A visit to the sanctuary DAY or NIGHT will provide you with an unforgettable experience and an opportunity to observe these extraordinary animals up close whilst one of our Keepers will give you an understanding of their lifecycle and the threats that confront them.
Our Guided Tours provide visitors with a very unique wildlife experience - combining comfort, with high quality education - your Tour Guide will ensure you get a close up encounter and maybe even the opportunity to pat one of these animals.
All tours DAY and NIGHT commence inside the Visitors Centre with a DVD presentation followed by an explanation of our conservation work which includes the handling of one of our devils and concludes with a walk outside throughout the breeding facility.
- Aware of the needs of families
- Members of our staff have their own families
- We welcome families
- Onsite travel guides, books and brochures
- Onsite parking
- Pram friendly
- Use sustainability principles or are actively working towards developing them.
- Use bio-degradable products
- Practice water efficiency and conservation
- Actively working towards reducing our Carbon Footprint
- Practice recycling
- Cater for larger families (five people plus)
- Tours promote Tasmania
- Tours suitable for infants
- Tours are suitable for children under 12
- Tours are suitable for Teenagers